Usher in the turning of the leaves with this autumn dinner. The squash and chicken bake together under a sauce of spices and cider, making a simple one-dish meal. Easy enough for a weeknight, this chicken is perfect for a back-to-school celebration.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a 13x9-inch baking dish with oil or cooking spray.
2. In a large skillet heat 1 teaspoon of oil over medium heat and sauté squash and onion for 3–4 minutes. Place squash and onion in baking dish.
3. Brown chicken in same skillet with remaining oil over medium-high heat, about 1 minute each side. Place chicken on squash and onion in baking dish.
4. Combine broth, cider, brown sugar and spices. Mix until smooth and pour over chicken, squash, and onion.
5. Cover and bake for 25–30 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165 degrees.