Winter squash purée and garlic meld into an easy pasta sauce that’s brimming with iron and vitamin C. Spicy sausage jazzes up the dish.
1. Microwave the squash according to package directions.
2. Cook the tortellini according to package directions, reserving ½ cup cooking liquid. Remove the casings from the sausage.
3. Meanwhile, heat a nonstick 12-inch skillet on medium-high and cook sausage 5 min., stirring and breaking up with back of wooden spoon.
4. Add the garlic and cook 2 min., stirring often. Add the squash and reserved cooking liquid. Cook 2 min. Remove from heat.
5. To skillet, add cooked tortellini and fold in gently. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Finely chop the basil and use as garnish.