Gluten-sensitive diners rejoice. With fine eastern spices like turmeric and coriander and a ginger-infused flavor, this side dish is sure to please a crowd, regardless of their dietary needs. Peas, onions and chilies make this dish a perfect veggie main too.
1. Rinse quinoa with cold water. Use a fine mesh filter or coffee filter. If you are using Ancient Harvest Quinoa you can skip this step, it is already rinsed.
2. Place oil and diced onions in a heavy saucepan. Saute the onions on medium high heat for 4-5 minutes.
3. Add the ginger root, chile, and quinoa. Cook for one minute stirring constantly. A fine, white spiral appears around the grain as it cooks.
4. Stir in the turmeric, coriander and cinnamon. Cook for one minute stirring constantly.
5. Add the water and bring it to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.
6. Stir in peas. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes or until peas are tender and all the water has been absorbed.
7. Fluff with a fork before serving.