This simple soup makes an easy, but elegant first course or accompaniment to a sandwich for a hearty lunch.
1. In a large pot, melt the butter on medium.
2. Add the onions and cook 5 min., until soft, stirring often.
3. Add the garlic and cook 1 min.
4. Add the corn and cook 10 min., stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Add the vegetable broth and heat to a boil on high. Reduce heat and simmer 10 min. Transfer mixture to a blender and blend until smooth. Divide among 4 bowls.
Garnish with chopped parsley, cayenne pepper, or a squeeze of lime.